With a Global Pandemic it’s never been more vital to strive towards a stronger immune system.
If you are anything like me you most probably already include these in your everyday diet without knowing how powerful these food are. So here we go:
- Bell pepper: I mean can you even cook any traditional Nigerian dish without this good food, Contains loads of Vitamin A which helps our immune system work properly.
- Broccoli: This is one of my absolute fave vegetables, it is a SUPERFOOD! It contains choline which is good for your gut. Even if you are not a fan of it try and mix it with other fruit like apple and pear when making smoothies.
- Chilli: Again most of us Afro Caribbean and Even Asians love our chilli and you know why they are full of goodness. Fresh red and green chillies contain lots of vitamin A and C nutrients which again can boost the immune system, they also help clear congestion and phlegm.
- Cinnamon: I love the smell of cinnamon and it is great for your gut and immune system in general. I love sprinkling it on my porridge and use it whenever I bake.
- Ginger: is particularly good for cough and cold. I also love the smell of ginger. I literally add it to all my dishes and smoothies, so tasty.
- Kiwi: I love kiwi believe it or not kiwi has actually got more vitamins c than an orange. I love kiwi particularly in smoothies.
- Lemon and Lime: Do I even need to write anything about this. We all know about lemon and lime right? Well if you don’t they are full of vitamin c and we know that’s useful for supporting immune health.
- Orange: Full of vitamin C which helps our body fight off infections. Oranges are very cheap to buy and are available everywhere. Include this in your everyday diet people.
- Parsley: They are also so cheap to buy from your local supermarket. You can get them in pots if you want to grow your own from as little as 45p. They help support your normal white blood cell activities. I tend to cook them in a pot of water, drain and drink the water from it (nasty taste but good for you) they are also known as a natural breath freshener.
- Watermelon: 🎶 I’ve been drinking watermelon 🎶 in my #Beyonce’s voice. No, seriously watermelon helps keep your heart healthy, and they’re rich in vitamins A, C and B6 too. They help your bones stay strong and your immune system balanced.
There are so many other superfoods i enjoy like Garlic, Blueberries, kale, spinach , Oregano , avocado, mushrooms that are all also very good for you and help contributes towards a strong gut. Do you have any recommendations, comment some of your favourite superfoods.